Welcome to Gemini Gymnastics. It is an honor and a pleasure having you join our team. Please review the following rules and regulations carefully. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
- No jewelry of any type can be worn. The only exception is one pair of stud earrings.
- Hair must be tied away from the face at all times.
- No shoes are allowed on the gym floor. Bare feet or gymnastics shoes (i.e., beam shoes) are recommended. Socks and tights are unsafe in the gym because they are slippery on the apparatus/equipment, mats, and hard floors, therefore they are not allowed.
- Girls attire: Gymnastics leotard or biketards only. No skirted or dance leotards, buckles, belts, or zippers. Fitted shorts or pants may be worn during warmups. (Gymnasts may be asked by the coach/instructor to take them off during equipment time.) Leotards are available for purchase at the administration office.
- Boys attire: T-shirt tucked into shorts or pants that are not too baggy. No buckles, belts or zippers.
Prior To Class
- Plan to arrive 5 minutes early for class. It is highly recommended that all students be escorted by an adult through the parking lot to and from Gemini Gymnastics.
- All students should be prepared for class by making sure they are in proper attire and their hair is properly secured away from their face before they arrive for class whenever possible.
- Please take your child to the bathroom BEFORE class! If they have to use the restrooms during class, they should notify their coach/instructor. No athlete can just leave the gym without permission from the coach/instructor. Parents of the Munchkins & Me, Preschool, and Kindernastics Classes should accompany their child to the restroom.
- Parents should talk to their child about staying in line/stations, focusing on their skills/drills, listening carefully to the coach/instructor, and refraining from any talking or horseplay while in class.
- All parents/siblings/guests should remain in the lobby area and not in the gymnast’s waiting are. While waiting in the lobby, please do not block the main doors doors to Gemini as they are the only doors from the gym to the restrooms.
- No food or drink in the gym area. Please keep all food and drink in the waiting area. All gymnasts must bring a bottle of water with them to class. We cannot stress this enough. No matter how long class is everyone needs to hydrate their bodies. If a gymnast comes to class without a water bottle, one will be given to them, and their accounts will be charged. Parents will be notified at the end of class. Water is available for purchase at the administration office. Please NO soda!!
During Class Time
- All gymnasts must maintain social distancing from each other. Please do not invade other gymnast’s space.
- Be prepared to participate · physically and mentally. Warm-up properly. Let your coach/instructor know of any potential problems, such as injuries, sickness, or fatigue.
- Be supervised · there must be a coach/instructor present for students to be on the equipment.
- Only one person should be on the equipment at a time unless otherwise stated by the coach/instructor.
- Absolutely NO TALKING BACK to a coach/instructor or HORSEPLAY, running around on the equipment or in the gym unless otherwise stated by the coach/instructor.
When moving from station to station, or changing equipment, or leaving the gym to get a drink or to use the restroom, please makesure you LOOK before you CROSS in front of other groups/equipment.
- Communicate clearly with the coach/instructor.
- Use proper skill progressions, master basic skills first before progressing to more difficult skills.
- Know the skills you are performing.
- Commit to the entire skill and follow-through.
- Know your personal limitations · do not attempt skills you are not capable of performing beyond your skill level. Do not fall victim to peer pressure.
- Use proper landing technique and safety rolls when falling.
Code of Conduct
- All participants at Gemini Gymnastics are expected to maintain high standards of moral and ethical conduct that includes self-control and responsible behavior. Both athletes and parents must display courtesy and good manners and consider the physical and emotional well being of others by treating everyone with respect.
- No bad behavior, disrespect of others and/or their property, or abuse of the equipment and/or the facility will be tolerated. Be respectful to yourself, others, and the facility. Remember: Gemini Gymnastics’ goal is to provide a safe place and a friendly environment for our youth’s community.
- No swearing, use of abusive language or display disruptive behavior, including behavior that is dangerous to yourself or others, including acts of violence, harassment, and physical or sexual abuse is not tolerated in the gym.
- Criticizing other gymnasts is not tolerated. Support fellow gymnasts to do their best. Show good sportsmanship towards your teammates and peers. Celebrate everyone’s success.
- Encourage yourself and others to build bonds with fellow teammates and competitors.
- Work together as a team
- Strive to develop a strong work ethic by increasing self-image with training in an environment containing both discipline and trust.
- Children misbehaving, creating a distraction, or being a risk to other students will be asked to sit out. Three times in a session and their parents will be contacted, if misbehavior continues, you will be asked to withdraw your child from their class.
Thank you for your cooperation and enjoy your experience here at GEMINI GYMNASTICS!!